Beyond the Quad

The Quantic Blog

SHARE

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT

Meet Avik Bhowmick: Vice President and Global Team Lead at JP Morgan Chase

Quantic Advocate Avik Bhowmick is currently a VP and Global Team Lead at JPMorgan Chase. His passion for education and strong work ethic drove him to overcome many personal challenges in his life. With a growth mindset and a dedicated thirst for knowledge, Avik tutored local children in order to fund his schooling. Graduating at the top of his BSc class, Avik launched his career at international tech firm Cognizant; however, his academic journey was far from over. First, he went on to pursue an MS in Software Engineering. Then, in order to lead more confidently with a well-rounded view, he pursued an Executive MBA degree from Quantic.  He states that this allowed him “to achieve my elusive dream for pursuing education from a top business school along with such an accomplished group of classmates.”

“Since moving to the US, I have wanted to earn an MBA, but family and job responsibilities have made it difficult. It’s the Quantic style of learning that finally paved the way for me to achieve my goal. Looking back at my academic achievements now, I feel quite accomplished.”

We asked Avik about his experience studying at Quantic. Keep reading to see what he has to say.

What motivated you to pursue an MBA?

My main reason in pursuing an MBA is to help me be more confident as I grow in my leadership role.

Why did you select Quantic?

In my critical and demanding job function, I needed flexibility if I were to pursue higher education. Quantic effectively solves this dilemma for busy professionals, using a smart use of technology and modern digital channels.

How would you describe your experience with Quantic?

Quantic delivered a career transforming experience for me.

As you consider your Quantic learning experience, what’s been most impactful, most beneficial to you, most valuable to you?

In my job role, I didn’t quite understand the full spectrum of the business that I was helping enable through technology. Quantic delivered solid foundational knowledge that I am able to apply to my work to create enormous value for my team. It’s very selective for EMBA candidates, which resulted in such a powerful professional network. Lastly, the digital app-based learning spoiled me so much that I find it difficult to go back to video-based remote learning models.

What most interests you about being a Quantic advocate?

Continuous association with this organization.

SHARE

Trending now

STUDENT SPOTLIGHTJanuary 3, 2023
Meet Renee Fishel: Engineering Manager at IBM

Renée Fishel’s initiative has been a driving force throughout her career.  For women in male-dominated industries, certain tools are critical in order to stand out and progress through your career. To Renee Fishel, Engineering Manager at IBM, the quintessential tool is an MBA degree.  The Quantic MBA encompassed her passion for inclusivity, diversity, and tech …

STUDENT SPOTLIGHTDecember 10, 2022
Meet Richard Lim: Technical Architect at Salesforce

Quantic Alum, Richard Lim, has had a professional career that spans twenty years around the globe, most recently in New York City, where he is the Technical Consultant Manager at Datorama, a Salesforce Company. However, it’s his Cambodian French background that sets him apart from other technical professionals. He has assembled a diverse, global network …

STUDENT SPOTLIGHTOctober 18, 2022
Startup Brings “SusTech” to the World

Quantic Alum, Thiruvenkateswaran Ramachandran, is bringing “SusTech” to the world. He is the co-founder of ClimeUp, a Sustainability Technology company whose mission is to assist businesses in hastening their sustainability journey, as well as their reporting process. We were lucky enough to sit down with him and learn more about the innovations and inspirations behind …

Ready to jump start your career?

Start learning with Quantic.