SHARE

LEADERSHIP

Quantic Trailblazer: Chief Academic Officer and Quantic Co-Founder Alexie Harper

Chief Academic Officer and Quantic Co-Founder, Alexie Harper, is a trailblazer in the digital education space. Before Quantic, she was previously the director of R&D and a senior researcher at Rosetta Stone. She was also a travel writer and editor for Let’s Go Inc. after earning an M.A. in Irish and Irish-American Studies from NYU and an A.B. in English Literature and Language from Harvard University. 

Finding creative solutions to difficult problems has always inspired Alexie to become the industry leader that she is today. “I’ve always enjoyed creating something new,” says Alexie. “From my school days in Odyssey of the Mind, through my time creating educational software at Rosetta Stone, to now, I’m at my happiest when I can tackle a difficult problem by brainstorming creative solutions, and then do the hard work of testing and implementing those solutions. I don’t mind when those experiments don’t work out; I find it invigorating to keep trying to improve whatever it is I’m working on, and there’s ample opportunity to do that!” 

Creating solutions to unsolved problems, like making the digital learning experience even better than traditional classroom learning, is at the heart of Quantic’s strategy. “Rather than virtualize the typical classroom experience, I’m more interested in what is required to reinvent the core mechanisms that drive student learning, particularly for the adult student, and to do so in a way that’s more effective and more engaging than what you would encounter in person,” explains Alexie. “I feel like Quantic has made great strides in this arena, and there is so much more that we would like to try to create a flexible learning environment that accommodates learners around the globe.” 

But in order to find great solutions and success, one must go through some hiccups and growing pains. Even failure itself is a constant motivation for the Co-Founder. Throughout her career, Alexie realized the power of resilience and courage. “I haven’t always succeeded,” notes Alexie. “Along the way, I’ve had a lot of failures and setbacks, as most entrepreneurs have, and it can be crushing in the moment. I’ve tried to respond with resilience and have refused to give up, and I think that’s why I’m still doing this!” 

Courage and resilience are often qualities that are associated with a trailblazer or maverick in an entrepreneurial field. However, a big key to success that Alexie stands by is support. “It’s extremely difficult to succeed without the help and support of others,” says Alexie. “I’m very grateful for the mentors and colleagues of all genders who have provided advice and support throughout my career, particularly when I was first starting out. I believe it’s important to cultivate connections with others, share advice, and support one another in whatever field or endeavor you choose.” 

Alexie’s advice for the next generation of trailblazers? Have conviction in your own ideas and don’t be afraid to take a few risks along the way. “Try lots of things and find what you love,” says Alexie. “You’ll always be more motivated to work at something that you find interesting, meaningful, and important. Don’t be overly influenced by career advice that others might give you, as only you can decide what field, industry, or discipline is right for you. And take risks; life is more interesting when you jump in feet first.”

SHARE

Trending now

STUDENT SPOTLIGHTApril 3, 2023
How to Be the CEO of Your Life 

Quantic MBA graduate, Gilli Aliotti, is a seasoned senior executive driven by a passion for building high-performing teams and products that deliver the highest ROI. With over 25 years of experience in technology, media, entertainment, and learning, Gilli has led executive positions in Fortune 500 companies as well as startups, optimizing planning, execution, delivery, and …

LEADERSHIPAugust 5, 2022
The Future of Leadership in 2030: 6 New Disruptive Trends

Every CEO and leader at every organizational level faces shared challenges, including: In this uniquely severe global crisis, CEOs and leaders need to adopt new management and leadership models.  To that end, we’re going to explore a few disruptive trends that will significantly affect your organization between now and 2030.  #1 – Expect Rapid Change  …

OUR FACULTYJune 27, 2022
Quantic’s Dr. Nan Zhang examines the science and psychology of online reviews

Quantic faculty member, Dr. Nan Zhang had her research “Enhancing consumer online reviews: the role of moral identity”recently published in the Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing. Her research aims to provide a theory-based means for firms to improve customers’ likelihood to provide reviews and elicit reviews that are more accurate accounts of customers’ consumption …

Ready to jump start your career?

Start learning with Quantic.