SHARE

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT

Student Spotlight: Creating Efficiency and Optimization in the Healthcare Arena

Quantic Alum, Anne Michael, has always been intrigued by resource usage and constraints within the healthcare arena. She is currently the VP of Operations at Focused Software where she combines knowledge gathered during her years as an active physician, with her business knowledge to make sure both clinical and non-clinical team efforts always benefit the patient. 

“Most doctors, as expected, tend to stick to the clinical side of things and do some administrative work on the side,” says Anne.

“ I realized that I wanted to focus on the administrative/business side of things, rather than split time between the two. I came to this decision following my observation that there was frequently a communication disconnect between the clinical and administrative teams at most healthcare institutions. It seemed to me that since we were all there for the patients’ benefit, working together instead of in an antagonistic fashion made more sense.” 

This inspired her to pursue solutions for efficiency and optimization of processes. “The way resources are used at a macro-level really impacts the healthcare of individual patients. However, I realize that most physicians have as much as they can manage on their plates, just doing clinical work, without having to think of the economics/business side of things. Those of us who do have an interest in the actual corporate administration of medicine should seek opportunities to improve our business skill set to create better processes, conditions and resource allocation for our colleagues and patients.”

Focused Software is working to diminish this disconnect. The company provides systems that enable businesses to become more efficient in their documentation, billing, administrative and supervisory functions, so that they can maximize the time spent actually providing care for their patients. As their VP of Operations, Anne leads her team in determining corporate direction, managing change implementation, and making sure company goals and client needs are met. Anne knew she would need a business background in order to be successful in her role. “The only way I saw to do this was to get a business education for myself, so that I could better understand both sides. I know that I am now uniquely qualified to foster communication, solution generation and implementation for those in healthcare on both sides of the aisle.”

Quantic was Anne’s choice to earn her MBA degree because she could complete courses while working or traveling. “I soon realized that to truly get to the next level, I would need some sort of structured educational program that would direct and integrate essential business knowledge in a timely fashion. That’s where Quantic came in! The fact that it is online, accredited, fun, has a great network of international alumni, staff and current students made this an easy decision.” 

Now more than ever, great communication is needed between clinical and non-clinical teams to create solutions that best address patients’ needs, while optimizing limited resources. “The clinical knowledge I gained during my years as an active physician helped me better understand the needs of Focused Software clients and preempt their future needs. With belief, enthusiasm, a great team and a little bit of humor, a lot can be achieved.” 

SHARE

Trending now

STUDENT SPOTLIGHTMay 16, 2022
Quantic Live: A Conversation with Salesforce Director, Grant Glaser

Enjoy our conversation with  Quantic Alum, Salesforce Director and Sales Leader Excellence Coach, Grant Glaser! With over a decade of experience in technology & software, Grant has worked in a variety of roles including, Business Development, Solution Engineering, Learning Design, Strategy, Sales Enablement, and Executive Coaching. Currently, Grant works in leadership development as an executive coach helping new …

STUDENT SPOTLIGHTMay 16, 2022
Introducing Quantic Live: A Conversation with Quantic Alumnus Berthine Crèvecoeur West

Here at Quantic, we are always looking for new ways to connect and celebrate our global network. That’s why we are thrilled to be launching our LinkedIn Live series where we will be featuring stories from students, alumni, and faculty! We are delighted to kick off our first Live with Conflict Resolution/ DEI Strategist, Ceo …

LEADERSHIPMarch 25, 2021
How to Build an Executive Leadership Development Plan

Running a company involves far more than just availing a specific good or service to the public. Indeed, it also requires more than simply convincing customers of your suitability and branding. To make your business sustainable in a highly volatile marketplace and ensure profits and longevity, your company – like all businesses – requires strategic …

Ready to jump start your career?

Start learning with Quantic.