SHARE

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT

Student Spotlight: Creating Efficiency and Optimization in the Healthcare Arena

Quantic Alum, Anne Michael, has always been intrigued by resource usage and constraints within the healthcare arena. She is currently the VP of Operations at Focused Software where she combines knowledge gathered during her years as an active physician, with her business knowledge to make sure both clinical and non-clinical team efforts always benefit the patient. 

“Most doctors, as expected, tend to stick to the clinical side of things and do some administrative work on the side,” says Anne.

“ I realized that I wanted to focus on the administrative/business side of things, rather than split time between the two. I came to this decision following my observation that there was frequently a communication disconnect between the clinical and administrative teams at most healthcare institutions. It seemed to me that since we were all there for the patients’ benefit, working together instead of in an antagonistic fashion made more sense.” 

This inspired her to pursue solutions for efficiency and optimization of processes. “The way resources are used at a macro-level really impacts the healthcare of individual patients. However, I realize that most physicians have as much as they can manage on their plates, just doing clinical work, without having to think of the economics/business side of things. Those of us who do have an interest in the actual corporate administration of medicine should seek opportunities to improve our business skill set to create better processes, conditions and resource allocation for our colleagues and patients.”

Focused Software is working to diminish this disconnect. The company provides systems that enable businesses to become more efficient in their documentation, billing, administrative and supervisory functions, so that they can maximize the time spent actually providing care for their patients. As their VP of Operations, Anne leads her team in determining corporate direction, managing change implementation, and making sure company goals and client needs are met. Anne knew she would need a business background in order to be successful in her role. “The only way I saw to do this was to get a business education for myself, so that I could better understand both sides. I know that I am now uniquely qualified to foster communication, solution generation and implementation for those in healthcare on both sides of the aisle.”

Quantic was Anne’s choice to earn her MBA degree because she could complete courses while working or traveling. “I soon realized that to truly get to the next level, I would need some sort of structured educational program that would direct and integrate essential business knowledge in a timely fashion. That’s where Quantic came in! The fact that it is online, accredited, fun, has a great network of international alumni, staff and current students made this an easy decision.” 

Now more than ever, great communication is needed between clinical and non-clinical teams to create solutions that best address patients’ needs, while optimizing limited resources. “The clinical knowledge I gained during my years as an active physician helped me better understand the needs of Focused Software clients and preempt their future needs. With belief, enthusiasm, a great team and a little bit of humor, a lot can be achieved.” 

SHARE

Trending now

MBA global leadership conference in Dubai
LEADERSHIPDecember 8, 2023
Exploring Leadership in the Heart of Dubai

Dubai, a city synonymous with innovation, business prowess, and a rich cultural tapestry, recently played host to a Quantic leadership conference that left attendees inspired. With a keynote session on how to train your brain for success, case study discussions, cultural excursions, and more, students and alumni left equipped with new skills and strategies to …

STUDENTS AND ALUMNINovember 10, 2023
Women Who Lead: An Interview with Lily Satterthwaite, Co-founder of Quantic’s Women Club

The role of women in leadership is more crucial than ever. Women leaders inspire change, break down barriers, and drive diversity and inclusion in every facet of society. We were thrilled to celebrate our Women Who Lead Week, honoring the incredible achievements and inspiring journeys of women leaders, in our Quantic community and beyond, who …

STUDENTS AND ALUMNIApril 27, 2023
Quantic Moonshot: Multiplicity Grand-Prize

Our first annual Quantic Moonshot competition aims to inspire and support our student’s visionary journeys to create groundbreaking businesses. We wanted to make the grand-prize even more special and representative of the innovative nature of entrepreneurship. That’s why we decided to award the winning team an NFT, or non-fungible token. NFTs are digital assets that …

Ready to jump start your career?

Start learning with Quantic.